Customer Service Representative
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With over 65,000 associates, the company operates approximately 300 distribution facilities across the globe and serves more than 500,000 customer locations delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly.
- Provide support to Client base from a centralized location
- Focus on external customer interaction through outbound calls
- Increase customer retention and improve customer satisfaction.
- Present new products, services, and ideas to increase sales and meet established objectives.
- Sell excess/obsolete inventory items through special customer contracts and sales techniques.
- Attend and participate in informational seminars, learning based meetings and other sessions.
- Report on industry and market conditions.
- Assist with reviewing inventory levels.
- Promote positive working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Process pick-ups, invoice adjustments, couriers, special orders, samples, and other administrative tasks as requested.
- Address customer concerns and inquiries.
- Notify customers and Marketing Associates as to substitutions and/or shortages.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience in Sales or Customer Service.
- Strong computer skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels.
- Must be detail-oriented, a fast learner and have the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Proven ability to maintain or improve customer relationships.
- A customer-focused approach.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.