Customer Service Representative
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly.
As a front-line service provider to Sysco's customers you contribute to our success by providing high quality service by processing customer's orders on a scheduled basis and troubleshooting customers' concerns with regards to their orders and deliveries. You will provide information to our customers regarding Sysco products and services to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for identifying problems and/or concerns from customers and the ability to communicate effectively to solve them
- Key in same day deliveries, fill out appropriate forms, and get signatures for same days, past cutoff orders, etc.
- Input orders accurately into the computer system
- Edit direct orders. When an order is sent over by a customer, notify the MA / supervisor of any shortages at time of sending, and notify the customer of automatic substitutes at time of sending.
- Inform customers as soon as possible of shortages on their orders. Inform MA / supervisor of warehouse shortages.
- Provide product information directly to customers.
- Assist customers with the process of pickups and credit of product needing to be returned
- Coordinate the process of special order items
- Communicate with various departments to ensure customer service.
- Various clerical duties relating to the sales desk, such as mailing, faxing, photocopying, promotional events tracking, etc. Provide assistance to other members of the sales desk team
- High school diploma is required
- 1-2 years' work experience, preferably in a service, call center, or food service environment
- PC Skills (Microsoft Office suite, keyboarding, etc.), including the ability to type and talk at the same time
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
- Basic math and reading comprehension
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
- Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
- External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
- Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
- Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
- We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.