Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
The goal of the Business Resource Specialist is to drive the continual success of our customers and growth of their business through the Review process.
- · Develop and deliver culinary sessions for in-house and off-site customer business reviews that differentiate Sysco from our competitors, including a focus on Sysco brands.
- · Partnering with Marketing Associates to provide advice to customers on issues relating to their business.
- · Coordinate Business Review process by ensuring all Business Review slots are full; compile all samples, review and analyze incoming pre-work to determine additional areas that should be showcased.
- · Provide training and support to key customers including: menu & recipe development, introduction and implementation of Sysco marketing initiatives, product cuttings, Front of the House and Kitchen Management expertise, etc.
- · Formulate powerful new solutions for customers by staying current with industry innovation, restaurant management tools and culinary trends; researching information from a variety of sources.
- · Interpret menu analysis and assist customers and Marketing Associates with menu design and engineering.
- · Participates in and attend sales meetings and food shows.
- · Occasional evening work and travel is required.
- · Red Seal Certification or a Diploma in Culinary Management would be an asset.
- · 5+ years of experience in the foodservice industry role.
- · Dynamic presentation skills; outstanding interpersonal and communication skills required.
- · Note: Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates: apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates: submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission: is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision: is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.