Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Sysco, one of Canada's Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Reporting to the Director of Local, the Credit Associate is responsible for collecting and reconciling receivables within the guidelines of the credit policy. Optimize cash flow and limit exposure to potential bad debts through timely collections. Work with our sales force and customers to keep customers receivables balances within established credit terms.
· Manage and monitor the collection of an assigned accounts receivable portfolio.
· Develop and maintain regular contact with customers and address issues positively, diplomatically, and in a timely manner.
· Reconcile, investigate, and follow-up on account discrepancies on a timely basis.
· Assess credit worthiness and recommend terms based on analysis of available industry reports and financial data.
· Establish strong and effective working relationships with the sales and marketing team to resolve collection issues and outstanding items such as missed invoices and unprocessed credit notes.
· Monitor credit exceptions and formulate a sound business credit decision by evaluating payment history, and weighing other credit and business factors.
· Monitor credit limits and recommend adjustments in compliance with the credit policy.
· Update and maintain customer credit files.
· Cover vacation relief for other Credit Assistant.
· Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping collection information confidential.
· Responsible for compliance with all Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) comprising Sysco's Food Safety Program, specific for the assigned role.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Minimum 3-5 years of progressive experience in credit and collections; foodservice industry preferred.
· Currently enrolled in the CCP program considered an asset.
· Basic computer skills, including proficiency in the Windows Operating System, and Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Dynamic team player who also has the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Strong detail-orientation with the ability to manage multiple duties with conflicting deadlines.
· Effective interpersonal, communication and time management skills.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts âÂ€¢ Short-Term and Long-Term Disability âÂ€¢ Life Insurance âÂ€¢ Company Pension Plan âÂ€¢ Group RRSP âÂ€¢ Employee and Family Assistance âÂ€¢ Stock Purchase Plan âÂ€¢ Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University âÂ€¢ Sysco product discounts âÂ€¢ Preferred vendor discounts (Apple, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, etc.) âÂ€¢ Free on-site parking âÂ€¢ Employee appreciation events âÂ€¢ (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)