Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
• Schedule and perform Master Distribution Agreements (MDA) audits as required.
• Ensure customer contracts are accurately and completely reflected in our system.
• Review and set up customers and products to ensure they are set in accordance with sales tax legislation, including PST, GST, HST and ecology.
• Communicate and follow-up on audit exceptions to Management.
• Review Segregation of Duty control tests quarterly.
• Coordinate external requests for customer audits.
• Perform/coordinate annual audit self-assessments and special audits of risk areas as necessary.
• Lead and/or assist in SOX testing
• Complete special projects as assigned
• CMA/CGA designation or active enrolment in a Professional Accounting Program
• Minimum 2-3 years of audit experience
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently to meet deadlines
• Dynamic team player who is able to communicate with diplomacy
• Detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong PC skills using Microsoft Office
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via Opens a New Window.
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts (Apple, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, etc.) • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events • (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)