Class B Refrigeration Operator
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a fifty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly.
Sysco, one of Canada's Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Reporting to the Fleet & Facility Maintenance Manager, this position is responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of all refrigeration and heating systems. This position will ensure the safe and efficient operation of the automated storage and retrieval systems.
- · Coordination of the building systems operation including heating, ventilation, refrigeration and air-conditioning.
- · Operating/ monitoring of an industrial CO2 refrigeration system.
- · Understanding and complying with all Sysco standard operating practices in addition to regulated/legislated compliance standard for operation and maintaining of an industrial CO2 refrigeration system.
- · Working with outside contractors and/or vendors, including fire department and inspectors.
- · Preform facility inspections on a regular basis.
- · Completion of daily refrigeration system readings and daily log book records.
- · Preform preventive and predictive maintenance services.
- · Other duties as assigned.
- · Hours will be twelve (12) hour rotating shift. The successful candidate must be available to work both day and night shifts as required including weekends. Candidate will be required to work a flexible work schedule to fill in for holiday coverage, and additional work requirements as needed.
- · Must have a Class B Refrigeration Operator certificate or 3 rd Class TSSA Certification in good standing.
- · Minimum two (2+) years of experience in facilities or similar HVAC maintenance role.
- · Knowledge of Computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- · Basic knowledge of computers
- Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates: apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates: submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission: is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision: is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.