Center of the Plate - Planner Advisor
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.com or connect with Sysco on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SyscoCorporation or Twitter at www.twitter.com/Sysco_Corp
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
- Utilize in-house reporting to identify gaps and/or opportunities to reduce duplicate SKUs and/or inventory.
- Responsible for negotiation of vendor local volume rebate and marketing programs.
- Responsible for negotiation of vendor quarterly and / or annual growth programs.
- Establish and maintain a strong professional relationship with all suppliers. Continue to be the primary contact for day to day inquiries.
- Conduct monthly, quarterly or annual supplier reviews, depending on status of supplier. Review topics such as fill rate, earned income, gap analysis, aged inventory, sales support.
- Identify duplicate vendors and / or SKUs in order to reduce overall SKU base and push support to high profit generating items.
- Evaluate category in order to identify and convert low profit items and / or list high profit items.
- In conjunction with Category Specialists and Procurement Analysts, maintain competitive cost base by providing information to aid in negotiations with suppliers.
- Work with sales to convert customer proprietary items to Sysco Brand or National Brand equivalent.
- Ensure minimal sales movement criteria are being met. Assist TMS (Transportation Management System) team with identifying and converting suppliers from delivered to pick-up program.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining annual Supplier Arrangement Forms in order to ensure all vendor programs are tracked accordingly within the finance dept.
- Involved in the development and implementation of yearly marketing plans in conjunction with the Ontario POD marketing department.
- Handle all requests including product inquiries from our marketing associates.
- Responsible to organize, develop, and participate in any marketing promotions, shows, divisional meetings and product training presentations when applicable.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Sales, Merchandising or Purchasing, specializing in Food &
- Beverage or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4+ years' work experience in a Merchandising/Marketing or related role with an emphasis on supporting an outside sales force.
- Knowledge of the Food Services Industry.
- Sales experience is an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suites & Internet.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish priority and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to consistently show initiative
- Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability Flexibility & Adaptability Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner. We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)