Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Sysco, one of Canada's Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Category Planner is responsible for effectively maintaining inventory and service levels to enhance the sales and profitability of the region.
- · Timely product replenishment in E3 purchasing system
- · Ensure that regular E3 maintenance schedules are forecasting updates
- · Processing advanced orders
- · Process all special orders, drop shipments and inter-branch orders
- · Review daily product lines and determine quantities required to meet the customer needs and that service levels remain consistent.
- · Monitor and confirm receipt of outstanding purchase orders
- · Balance quantities of product required and ensure excess and obsolete inventory are as low as possible.
- · Processing of approved items for listing.
- · Assist in maintaining accurate invoice costing in the costing system
- · Follow up with vendors concerning shortages and service level issues
- · Provide support to all Marketing Associates and Account Executives with regards to product pricing, sourcing and product information
- · Help to keep information in E3 current and ensure correct vendor information and lead times.
- · Any other duties as assigned .
- · College certificate, Diploma in Office Administration or equivalent experience
- · Minimum of 1+ year's work experience in an administrative or customer service role
- · Knowledge of the Food Services Industry
- · Wholesale Purchasing background is an asset
- · Proficient with Microsoft Office suites & Internet
- · Excellent planning, organizational, communication & interpersonal skills
- · Ability to manage multiple tasks, establish priority and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- · Self-motivated with the ability to consistently show initiative
- Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates: apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates: submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission: is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision: is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.