Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Category Planner plays an important role in helping to maintain a standard of excellence in the area of product procurement and customer service.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels to meet customer demand while maximizing inventory turns and controlling shrink;
- Supports the Category Analyst by providing product assortment and sku rationalization recommendations that are aligned with your customer demand;
- Provides timely and effective communication with Sales Department including but not limited to product quality, product information, and availability;
- Ensure quality integrity of all inbound and outbound products within her/his portfolio by working closely with Quality Assurance team and in conjunction with Warehouse and Transportation Management;
- Consideration and evaluation of code dated inventory;
- Establishes and maintains a strong professional relationship with all suppliers and follow up with them regarding specific shortages and service level concerns; and
- Reviews all applicable reports and screens daily to identify vendor shortages, outstanding purchase orders and code dated product problems. Pro-acts to situations to minimize effect on service level;
- Ensures implementation of and compliance with all applicable regulations/laws and company policies, including but not limited to Food Safety Policy, SOP's & regulations, Code of Business Conduct & Ethics, Antitrust policies and regulations, etc.
- Responsible for compliance with all Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) comprising Sysco's Food Safety Program, specific for the assigned role.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years' experience and/or training in the procurement field;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is essential;
- High level proficiency with Excel is a must;
- Positive attitude and an appetite for helping fellow colleagues and customers;
- Passion for continuous growth and education is an asset
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed;
- Ability to find solutions to problems and work under pressure with definitive deadlines;
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills are necessary;
- Food & Beverage, Hotel & Food, Wholesale Purchasing background an asset.
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service. Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)