Category Planner - Buyer
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly.
The Category Planner ( Buyer) role is accountable for maintaining required inventory levels, pricing and cost controls, developing effective strategies for merchandising current products, establishing a strong working relationship with vendors and brokers and promoting established and new products within the Foodservice Industry. Monday to Friday 8am-5pm.
- Responsible for purchasing authorized product lines.
- Replenishment purchasing including; some E3 maintenance and forecasting, entering and maintenance of all purchase orders, including; additions, deletions, duplicates, price changes, receiving and documenting confirmations, tracing and expediting outstanding purchase orders.
- Following up on no show delivery appointments and vendor shortages.
- Processing special and advanced orders.
- Responsible for monitoring inventory levels to control lost sales and excessive inventory.
- Working with Logistics Managers, analyzing the most cost-effective method of shipping goods into our facilities. Freight and pick up allowances are key factors.
- Review market conditions with respect to price sensitive items in order to achieve "best buy" situation.
- Review contracts and other allowances to ensure maximization of opportunities.
- Work closely with the Operations Dept. to ensure purchase quantities match optimum slot configurations for each facility.
- Work closely with Sales to resolve customer questions and/or issues.
- Responsible for managing purchase orders, confirmations, and price discrepancies.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance and Inventory Control to ensure that stock is rotated properly and that any discrepancies with respect to inventory are resolved.
- Work closely with Operations to ensure the timely receiving of vendor goods.
- Communicate with sales staff market conditions, and inventories of specialty or seasonal items.
- Post-Secondary education in; Business / Supply Chain / Purchasing / Marketing. Equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Experience with PC applications, primarily Excel and Outlook is required.
- Effective organizational and multitasking skills are required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outgoing, assertive and highly motivated individual that can work autonomously using sound judgement in a fast paced team oriented environment
- Experience in a Buying or Purchasing role is required. Preference will be given to candidates with related experience in a food service establishment / industry
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.