Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Sysco, one of Canada's Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
The Cashier is responsible to work as part of a team to provide assistance to customers both inside and outside of the sotre and ensures shelves are adequately stocked.
The position is 20-25 hours per week. Must be available to work Saturdays.
- Responsible to follow all cash register procedures
- Responds to customer inquiries; greets all customers and serves them in a pleasant, courteous and professional manner; may also process customer credits or product returns
- May prepare signs promoting monthly specials
- Assists customers both inside and outside of the store to locate products;
- Helps customers locate products
- Answers questions, checks prices, exchanges items to takes special orders
- Loads product into carts and unloads customer orders into their cars
- May prepare customer orders accordingly to order forms faxed in advance
- Counts stock, ensures adequate supply of product is on the shelf and that shelves/aisles are neatly faced and well presented
- Sweeps and mops floors as necessary and performs other cleaning duties as required
- Removes garbage, cleans parking lot and brings carts to the entrance
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 year experience in similar role
- Grade 12
- Produce experience preferred
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
- Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
- Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •
(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)