Business Technology Support Specialist
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
The position involves assisting the Business Technology (BT) support teams with the technical support of IT infrastructure technology which includes, but is not limited to the following devices - workstations, laptops, tablets, PDA devices, printers, network equipment, telephones, backup appliances, wireless access points, server equipment, storage devices, routers, switches, and any other technology used to conduct business at various Sysco locations as required. This position will also be the local escalation contact for any related IT support issues. Escalations will flow up to their Sysco Team Leads and to the BT Support Leads to quickly resolve any issues.
This position will be the local corporate BT representative to answer any IT related question and to train the local staff on how to enter service requests, how to prioritize service requests, assign service requests, and how to best utilize the current support model. This position will require technical skills to be able to support and repair laptops, workstations, mobile computing technology, the operating system and software associated with these devices. Additional support responsibilities will include coordinating enterprise workstation OS deployment, providing support for printers and peripherals, coordinating and validating problem resolution for warranty or third party on-site repairs on all IT equipment and providing secondary support as required for the Communications and System Support technicians.
- · Be the local BT (Business Technology) representative to answer any IT related questions at the Operating Company level.
- · Train local staff how to enter, assign & prioritize service requests, and how to best utilize the Managed Services model.
- · Incidents Queue Monitoring: ensure tickets are properly prioritized and escalated as necessary
- · Purchase new equipment, spare parts, mice, keyboards, batteries, etc. for workstations, laptops and peripheral devices from the approved standards list through Corporate IT Purchasing. Ensure spare parts are available to associates when needed.
- · Ensure software and hardware standards are adhered to at all times.
- · Maintain and adhere to current system security policy.
- · Ensure software license compliance with all installed software.
- · Responsible for imaging workstations using the standard images.
- · Ensure anti-virus and patch compliance updates are maintained at the most current levels.
- · Provide on-site workstation support and knowledge transfer to the Managed Services team.
- · Assist with desktop hardware relocation where required.
- · Facilitate 3 rd party onsite warranty repairs for servers/printers/copiers/faxes/access points/switches/phone systems, preliminary troubleshooting and coordination.
- · Maintain reliable "Hot Spare" Laptop/Desktop inventory and ensure systems are refreshed regularly
- · Dispose of old equipment through approved vendors in compliance with recycling processes.
- · Provide onsite hands-on support for devices supported by Infrastructure support teams.
- · Provide telephone and mobile phone support and replacement of equipment.
- · Administer and maintain Wireless access points, VPN and company issued mobile telephone devices.
- · Provides after hours and round-the-clock support for emergency trouble calls when needed.
- · Inform local management on technology trends and local alignment to best maintain system availability.
- · Regularly meet with local senior management to keep them informed on proactive refresh cycles, hot spare inventory, antivirus compliance, patch compliance, upgrade projects, data backups, and general health of their local technology.
- · Participate in special projects as assigned.
- · High School Diploma. Completion of Diploma or degree in Information Technology preferred, or equivalent experience.
- · A minimum five (5+) years hands-on experience with end-user technology support and IT related environments.
- · Minimum three (3) years Customer Service experience in Computer Technology.
- · Strong written and verbal communication, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- · Strong customer focus, with the ability to interact with several different personalities and levels of management.
- · Proficient at technical troubleshooting of desktop and laptop hardware, mobile technology devices, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and other desktop software. Experience with supporting, installing, and configuring SyscoPRO. Able to use remote support tools to be able to troubleshoot remote computer devices.
- · Able to work in a team environment and actively participate as a member of a team to accomplish goals
- · Must be available for after-hour support and weekend on-call support as needed.
- Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates: apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates: submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission: is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision: is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.