Business Development Specialist
Company Overview Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Sysco, one of Canada's Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco BC is in partnership with the Ministry of Agriculture on a provincial wide initiative called "FeedBC". The goal of this initiative is to build a capacity of broadline distributors to make more BC foods available to Healthcare Facilities. As a result, Sysco BC has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Specialist who will be responsible for leading this initiative through identifying needs in the market, and working with BC food producers and processors towards fulfilling these needs.
· Partner with local BC food producers and processors with an aim of understanding needs in terms of resources and advocate these needs to the Ministry.
· Develop marketing tools and materials with the purpose of creating awareness among healthcare facilities about the local BC food options available for purchase.
· Work collaboratively with the merchandising and sales group to source and expand BC food products.
· Develop educational support to help BC producers and processors become market-ready for Healthcare facilities and other potential Broadline food service segments.
· Facilitate the relationship between Sysco and the Ministry of Agriculture and Healthcare Facilities through understanding needs and expectations as well as providing ongoing reporting on key performance metrics.
· Develop in-house operational practices to identify and track BC wholesale products more easily and address other operational barriers to BC foods.
· Post-secondary degree.
· 3-4 years of experience in the Food Service industry.
· Food Service sales, marketing and purchasing experience considered a definite asset.
· Pre-established relationships with local producers and processors in BC categories of produce and protein would be considered a significant asset.
· Proven communication effectiveness.
· Comfortable working across multiple functional groups.
· Travel across the BC region is expected and required.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts âÂ€¢ Short-Term and Long-Term Disability âÂ€¢ Life Insurance âÂ€¢ Company Pension Plan âÂ€¢ Group RRSP âÂ€¢ Employee and Family Assistance âÂ€¢ Stock Purchase Plan âÂ€¢ Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University âÂ€¢ Sysco product discounts âÂ€¢ Preferred vendor discounts âÂ€¢ Free on-site parking âÂ€¢ Employee appreciation events âÂ€¢ (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)