Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow u s @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit
The candidate for this position may be located in any Operating Company in Canada.
This role is responsible for eliciting the actual needs of stakeholders and works to facilitate communication between the various groups. Plays a central role in aligning the needs of business units with the capabilities delivered by BT and may serve as a "translator" between those groups. Works independently in assigned "silos".
- Intermediate understanding of the business, business processes, and applications that support an assigned functional area; basic understanding of upstream and downstream business processes, and how they relate to the assigned functional area.
- Collaborates with the business and project team to define the problem and articulate a recommended vision before being translated into functional requirements; good understanding of functional requirements and their relationship to the business requirements.
- Conducts gap analysis of the business processes and prioritization of requirements.
- Collaborates with various stakeholders to develop User Stories from business requirements, and defines associated acceptance criteria (i.e., "Definition of Done").
- Good understanding of the dependencies and flow of requirements and how changes in requirements will impact the project time-line; identifies any risks and recommends action plan to mitigate.
- Intermediate understanding of internal BT processes and project lifecycle.
- Develops wire-frames and mock-ups and conducts product demonstrations and visioning sessions both internally and with business partners.
- Develops detailed user test scripts from the approved business requirements and plans/conducts user acceptance testing sessions.
- Working knowledge of functional specifications document, and how it relates to the business requirements; under the direction of the Senior BA level or above, translates business requirements into functional specifications; participates in functional review sessions.
- Works independently to develop Functional Acceptance Test scenarios, and executes Functional Acceptance Testing; provides feedback to technical teams and manages the defect correction process; provides guidance for less experienced team members.
- Provides mentoring for less experienced team members
- Good understanding of processes, policies and guidelines related to the BA discipline.
- 4 year degree or requisite experience.
- 2 - 5 years Business Analyst experience (BA certified); some supervisory experience is preferred; 2 years IT/BT experience is preferred.
- Experience in solution design and lead building custom applications.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite, including Project and Visio, and some familiarity with business process modeling tools.
- Experience in Distribution environment is preferred.
- Ability to work in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Extremely detail-oriented, fast learner and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the Sysco organization in a professional manner.
- Excellent customer service and time management skills.
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service. Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)