AZ Delivery Driver - Cochrane
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.caOpens a New Window. or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careersOpens a New Window.
This role is responsible for providing leadership and supervision to Delivery Associates. The Transportation Supervisor must also ensure financial, operational, customer and human capital objectives are met, including year over year improvements in service levels, shrink results and safety frequency, as per the Profit Plan. This position will require 4 days on the road with direct reports.
- Scheduling Delivery Associates effectively; maintaining time/attendance systems for payroll.
- Organizing order preparation and assigning Delivery Associates to routes.
- Accompanying Delivery Associates during regular shifts.
- Providing hands-on training, coaching, performance management and follow-up as required.
- Ensuring compliance with all Safety, Legislation, and Sysco policies.
- Providing regular feedback and delivering coach card observations as per set objectives.
- Commitment to Service Excellence. Asking for feedback and sharing positive stories.
- Reviewing and responding to feedback from Sales and/or customers, gathering all information needed for thorough investigation and prevention of recurrence of complaints.
- Participating in and/or leading various meetings (shift, departmental, company and safety).
- Performing other duties as assigned by Senior Operations Management.
- High School Diploma or higher required.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years in a logistics role, preferably in food service.
- Must be detail oriented with good communication and organizational skills and the ability to set goals / meet deadlines;
- Valid Class 1 License with Air (WHMIS, First Aid and CPR would be considered assets).
- Consistent exemplary performance, customer-focus and proven commitment to success.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careersOpens a New Window.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events • (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)