Assistant Controller (Term Position - Ending June 2020)
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly.
For more information about Sysco Canada please visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Reporting to the Controller, the Assistant Controller will be responsible for assisting with leading the accounting/reporting. Key areas of accountability include execution of annual operating plan initiatives, full cycle accounting process, standardization and consistency of reporting, process efficiency improvements, internal controls, staff development and change management.
- Work closely with the Controller to define financial objectives and strategies for the company and carry out a course of action necessary to support these initiatives.
- · Provide reliable and timely financial reporting to management and corporate office. Accurate and timely processing of financial reporting (weekly/monthly/quarterly, annual).
- · Effectively and efficiently complete full cycle accounting.
- · Ensure appropriate internal controls are in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and Sysco's Financial Accounting Methods.
- · Assist Finance Manager, Controller and VP of Finance with forecasting results.
- · Oversee and assist members within the Finance team
- · Contribute to cross-functional projects that enhance company profitability.
- · Responsible for compliance with all Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) comprising Sysco's Food Safety Program, specific for the assigned role.
- · Other duties and projects as assigned.
- · Diploma or Degree in the field of Business Administration supplemented with a minimum of 5 years' experience in accounting. Must hold CPA designation or near completion of designation.
- · Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and proficiency in Word and Outlook;
- · Strong detail orientation with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- · Strong organizational and time management skills;
- · Dynamic team player who also works well independently;
- · Effective interpersonal and communication skills;
- · High sense of energy and willingness to be flexible on hours in order to ensure all deadlines are met;
- · Must be able to work well under pressure and meet firm deadlines; and
- · Demonstrated ability to learn new tasks quickly and thoroughly.
- Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates: apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates: submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission: is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision: is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.