Accounts Payable Associate
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY) Sysco, one of Canada's Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, the Accounts Payable Associate is responsible for ensuring accurate reconciliation of vendor accounts monthly; timely processing, payment and follow-up of vendor invoices; and that early payment discounts are taken advantage of.
- Ensure timely processing and payment of vendor invoices.
- Monitor vendor terms to ensure discounts are taken correctly.
- Track and follow-up on variances as per company policies and procedures.
- Review and research receiving documents. Adhere to monthly procedure of closing open purchase orders prior to period end.
- Ensure documentation and justification requirements are fully understood. Respond to vendor queries in prompt, courteous and timely manner.
- Follow-up with vendors regarding discrepancies, issues and research for outstanding items (statement reconciliation). Develop good working relationships with vendors.
- Ensure compliance with FAMM and SOX requirements as related to Accounts Payable. Report non-compliance issues to Supervisor.
- Update and develop new processes related to vendors, suppliers and managing documentation.
- Ensure overhead is signed off on appropriately.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum of two (2) year's experience of Accounts Payable in a high volume environment.
- Strong organizational, communication and problem solving skills.
- Excellent teamwork and time management skills.
- Possess a keen attention to detail and strive towards service excellence.
- Fast and accurate data entry skills are required.
- Food service distribution experience would be an asset.
- Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service. Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts âÂ€¢ Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)