Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Sysco, one of Canada's Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
The purpose of the job is to provide a full range of support to the Finance Department including the processing of Central Billing and Corporate Billing vendor invoices and claims, the timely recording, maintenance and scanning of financial documents. The role also includes reconciling accounts. The role will support the Central Billing and Corporate Billing processes relating to Accounts Receivable, Account Payable, and Claims Administration.
- · Provide administration of A/P transactions and claims including processing, tracking, and reconciliation of pre-authorized claims.
- · Ensure that Sysco Canada supplier income postings are reconciled and distributed to Sysco operating companies.
- · Provide administration of income and price deviations, including systems administration, collection and tracking of data, and financial reconciliations.
- · Assist in preparing accurate month end accruals and journal entries.
- · Prepare and complete account reconciliations.
- · Maintain positive working relationships with Sysco Canada suppliers.
- · Report and reconcile A/R and A/P functions, providing detail by Supplier and by Operating Company.
- · Prepare and analyze financial reports on a monthly and year-end basis.
- · Identify process improvements in the Central Billing and Corporate Billing processes, develop an action plan, and work with IT, the operating companies and others toward a resolution.
- · Provide support to Operating companies.
- · Conduct special projects as required.
- · Accounting diploma or equivalent experience.
- · Actively pursuing an Accounting designation.
- · A minimum of one 1-2 years' experience working within a Finance Department.
- · Strong computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, Intranet.
- · Knowledge of AS400 and IDS/Infinium applications an asset.
- · Exceptional mathematical, analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- · Must be extremely detail-oriented, a fast learner, and have the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- · Effective in working in a team environment as well as the ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels within the Sysco organization.
- Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates: apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates: submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission: is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision: is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.