Salary, Full Time
August 24, 2020
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With over 69,000 associates, the company operates more than 320 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2019 that ended June 29, 2019, the company generated sales of more than $60 billion.
Sysco, one of Canada's Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Reporting to, and offering support to, the Controller, the Accountant is an integral part of the accounting team and brings senior level experience to the department. The role is responsible for effectively managing the full cycle accounting process, preparing and analyzing reporting packages and completing reconciliations.
- Effectively and efficiently complete full cycle accounting, including management of month end processes.
- Assist in the preparation and review of weekly/monthly financial reporting packages and reconciliations.
- Analyze financial information as necessary. Investigate and present solutions for any identified issues.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts. Perform ongoing review investigation and correction to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Act as a subject matter expert for internal departments, provide information and support to the Controller and Department Directors.
- Identify best practices and assist in implementing process improvements to ensure compliance with FAMM and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) regulation.
- Support the annual budgeting process and monthly forecasting.
- Preparation of ad hoc reporting and analysis as required.
- Completion of post-secondary Accounting Diploma/Degree with 5+ years in accounting/finance roles
- Dynamic, well rounded team player who also works well independently
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills; and
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tasks quickly and thoroughly .
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Values: Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Inclusiveness | Responsibility
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events • (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)