Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 650,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.com or connect with Sysco on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SyscoCorporation
or Twitter at www.twitter.com/Sysco_Corp
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
- Âž Monthly completion of balance sheet reconciliations
- Âž Booking of weekly and month-end journal vouchers
- Âž Daily tracking and reconciliation of Accounts Receivable to sub-ledger with action to identify and clear all discrepancies
- Âž Daily tracking and reconciliation of Bank Accounts to statements with action to identify and clear all discrepancies
- Âž Process owner for Intercompany transactions including bookings, balancing and validation of any miscellaneous charges
- Âž Process owner for various financial procedures including AS400 setups, updates, weekly bookings with reconciliation to transactions and true-ups
- Âž Balancing of various sub-ledgers to GL on a daily and weekly basis
- Âž Other ad hoc projects and analysis as required
- Âž Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in Finance or Commerce preferred
- Âž 2 years’ work experience in Finance or Accounting
- Âž Accounting designation preferred
- Âž Strong technical skills, advanced Microsoft Excel
- Âž Experience with AS400 preferred
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
- Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
- Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations. Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events • (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)