Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
The purpose of the job is to process various accounting items using GAAP and company procedures to produce accurate financial information. Once the items have been processed, the role also involves reconciling accounts and providing financial reports
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts. Perform ongoing review investigation and correction to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities and capital. Reconcile bank accounts, balance sheet, and intercompany accounts.
- Perform intercompany consolidation and monthly settlement of intercompany transactions.
- Monitor compliance with Sysco’s policies, procedures & accounting standards, e.g. SOX, FAMM, etc.
- Prepare and complete account reconciliations.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports
- Maintain fixed assets sub-ledger and reporting and ensure all fixed asset transactions are submitted to the fixed asset systems on a timely basis
- Prepare weekly and monthly reporting for internal purposes, Corporate office and external reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of tax information package
- Conduct special projects as required
- Completion of Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related degree.
- CPA designation or currently working towards an accounting designation.
- Must have a minimum of three (3+) years in an accounting related role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, AS400 experience a plus
- Must be detailed oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to communicate clearly conveying information and ideas
- Able to work in a team environment
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance •Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts •Preferred vendor discounts • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •
(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)