Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.caOpens a New Window. or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careersOpens a New Window.
The Accountant provide a full range of support to the Finance team including coding invoices for payment, reconciling statements, preparing/entering journal entries, entering deposits, and preparing account reconciliations while handling multiple duties in an expedient, courteous and professional manner.
- Complete full cycle period end close including related journal entries and reports;
- Compile weekly and monthly reports for review by Controller;
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts; month end sales journals and reports;
- Perform all cost accounting activities;
- Work closely with operations to understand issues and how they impact financial results as well as educate individuals on cost drivers and variances;
- Assist in the budget & reforecast process;
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules;
- Develop, maintain and distribute ad-hoc reports and financial models as needed;
- Work in special projects as required;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related degree. Accounting designation preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in accounting;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Speed, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced working environment, meeting tight deadlines;
- Capable of following established systems, but not afraid to make suggestions to improve efficiencies;
- Excellent computer skills - very strong in excel, with ability to produce flowcharts and spreadsheets with complex formulas;
- Excellent communication skills (written, listening, speaking and writing);
- Excellent time management, problem solving and decision making skills.
Core Qualities for all Associates: Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Problem Solving /Decision Making
Building Effective Relationships
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careersOpens a New Window.
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts (Apple, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, etc.) • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events • (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)