Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
This position is responsible for effectively managing the full cycle accounting process, preparing and analyzing reporting packages and completing reconciliations.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts. Perform ongoing review investigation and correction to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Analyze financial information as necessary. Reconcile balance sheet accounts. Investigate and present solutions for any related discrepancies.
- Act as a subject matter expert for internal departments, provide information and support to the Controller.
- Assist with internal audit testing and documentation
- Prepare weekly/monthly, internal/external/corporate reports: distribute as applicable.
- Complete external reporting for regulatory bodies
- Review and establish process improvement measures and ensure compliance with FAMM and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) regulation.
- Collaborate with other members of the finance team to achieve overall Operating Company objectives.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Completion of post-secondary Accounting Diploma/Degree required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a finance/accounting role.
- Working towards professional accounting designation is an asset.
- PC skills, including Word, Excel, and accurate keying skills.
- Personable, professional, service oriented
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)