Accountant - (Peterborough or Ottawa)
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day accounting of the company including internal and external financial reporting. This position can be based out of Peterborough or Ottawa.
- Effectively and efficiently complete full cycle accounting;
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reporting and analysis;
- Prepare and complete analysis of balance sheet reconciliations;
- Complete journal entry preparation and input;
- Assist with internal audit testing and documentation;
- Assist with annual budget process;
- Assist with the completion of the annual tax package;
- Preparation of other reporting and analysis as required; and
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Diploma or Degree in the field of Business Administration supplemented with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounting. Must hold CPA designation or working towards obtaining designation.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and proficiency in Word and Outlook;
- Strong detail orientation with excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Dynamic team player who also works well independently;
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must be able to work well under pressure and meet firm deadlines; and
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tasks quickly and thoroughly.
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability Flexibility & Adaptability Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)