Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
This position encompasses three key areas of responsibility. The first relates to the introduction and promotion of products suited to the Healthcare market. The second main function is order processing and maintenance of existing Healthcare clients. The third responsibility is the development and execution of new business to support department and territory sales objectives.
- Develops and maintains sales, service and harmonious working relations with accounts; solicits customer orders and monitors use of Customer ordering process. Increases sales via marketing of new and existing products, corrects shortages, responsible for pick-ups, credit and further service requests. Collects accounts receivable according to credit terms outlined for each customer.
- Works closely with the Program Team to develop and implement customer specific action plans to further develop existing business.
- Assists closely with the promotion of products and services presented in the Healthcare newsletter.
- Solicits information from clients on products or topics they wish to see featured in upcoming newsletters.
- On a scheduled basis, attends department meetings and as required participates in any other departmental, company or industry functions.
- Works with various companies Marketing Specialists to further Healthcare sales within product-specific categories.
- Provides potential customers marketing services to promote value-added components of Healthcare programs, i.e. menus, technology and in-services.
- Visits accounts on a monthly basis to further penetrate and understand clients' needs.
- Communicates with inside sales support any customer changes in needs and personnel. Communicates any service needs and customer requests. Mutually supports any issue resolution.
- Meets or exceeds sales budgets, accounts receivable goals and those factors which effect company profitability, returns and delivery frequency.
- Duties as assigned by department manager.
- Full and complete product knowledge.
- Minimum 2 years Food Service Supervision or 5 years sales experience to the Food Service market
- A client service and sales focus; confidentiality, integrity and respect in all interactions
- Independent and self-directed with the ability to manage time, client interactions and schedules accordingly
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills using various tools (e-mail, phone, messenger, video conference etc)
- Demonstrated problem resolution skills and a collaborative leadership approach
- Computer competency and comfort with Microsoft Office Suites and Sysco program
- Overnight travel will be required
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)