Account Executive, Corporate Multi-Unit Sales
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
The purpose of this job is to increase National Sales growth and profitability. This will be achieved by identifying ideal opportunities for growth, participation in business reviews, customer relationship, analysis, and showcasing products that improve customers' service level requirements and satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with local and head office Multi Unit accounts. This includes routine visits to customers' sites, regular communication with customers, and identifying and anticipating customers' needs in accordance with contractual or Master Distribution Agreements (MDA).
- Manage and monitor customer MDA's in regards to purchasing and service level requirements.
- Monitor proprietary SKU's and promotional items ensuring adequate inventory and minimum movement requirements.
- Work with merchandising department to communicate upcoming promotional activity, new listings, increased/decreased inventory pulls and plans for slow moving/dead inventory.
- Communicate with contacts to advise of bid changes and pricing inaccuracies.
- Work in concert with transportation department to determine best options for delivery windows, prospective night drop locations and communicating customer concerns.
- Work with customers to determine sales growth opportunities, including line growth, Sysco brand penetration and new product opportunities (where possible).
- Encourage customers to attend corporate business reviews, share purchase history, and explore product opportunities.
- Identify operational inefficiencies by balancing work week, limiting same day/off day deliveries, assessing back orders, reducing deliveries and increasing order size. Assist Accounts Receivables to manage customer accounts receivables.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Completion of post-secondary education, preferably with a Business, Hotel/Restaurant or Marketing/Sales concentration, or equivalent experience.
- One to three years of foodservice sales experience.
- Superior communication and presentations skills, both oral and written.
- Exceptional problem solving, organizational, and negotiation abilities.
- PC skills including the use of Microsoft Office products and the Internet are required.
Note: Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Sysco's Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Sysco's Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service. Sysco's Vision is to be our customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here's a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University
- Sysco product discounts
- Preferred vendor discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Employee appreciation events
- (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)