Position: Administrative Assistant
Position Type: 18 hours per week, with the possibility of more hours
Location: Downtown Toronto
Start Date: Immediately
Swim Drink Fish Canada is a growing charity dedicated to ensuring swimmable, drinkable, fishable water for all. We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to help our incredible team empower a movement of more than 3-million people to safeguard swimmable, drinkable, fishable water. This role will be reporting to, and working closely with the Office Manager, supporting in any way possible. This is the perfect role for someone who is highly-organized, detail-oriented, helpful individual who has some administrative experience working in an office environment and enjoys being part of a team.
- Assist with tracking donations and payments received from supporters, input them into our database, and process donation receipts
- Assist bill payments and matching receipts for monthly financial statements and reconciliations
- Maintain accurate contact information in the organization’s database using Salesforce
- Assist with donor correspondence
- Do bank runs and deposit cheques
- Handle mail and couriers, including shipping merchandises and cards
- Assist with weekly catering needs, buying snacks, and other items for the office as needed
- Help with scheduling and travel arrangements for staff
- Assist in ensuring all files, both physical and digital, are well organized for the staff members to easily access
- Handle telephone and email inquiries from the public promptly and professionally
- Help maintain the office space, such as putting away the dishes, changing the garbage, light cleaning of the washroom, etc.
- Provide other administrative and organizing support to the Office Manager
- You have extremely high level of accuracy, and are detail-oriented
- You have enthusiasm for maintaining orderly files and accurate data in both work and personal life
- You like working on a variety of tasks and dabbling in all areas of organizational life
- You have the ability to learn quickly and retain information
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- You have strong computer skills, including ability to use and troubleshoot macOS, basic office technology, Google Suite experience (email, calendar, drive, sites, etc.)
- You have experience using Salesforce, or other related CRM software, or have a desire to learn
- You are interested in clean water, environmental justice, and community building
- You have demonstrated the ability to work effectively with a small team and volunteers
How to Apply
Email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Administrative Assistant - Your Name”
- A cover letter that describes how you meet the qualifications above and why you would make a great addition to the Swim Drink Fish team
- Your resumé, highlighting relevant education and work experience.
- Names and contact information for two references.
Swim Drink Fish Canada is committed to having a skilled, diversified workforce reflective of the Toronto community, and to the equitable representation of women, aboriginal peoples, and members of a visible minority group.
Sorry, but we can only respond to those candidates selected for an interview.
About Swim Drink Fish Canada
SWIM DRINK FISH CANADA is a growing charity working for a swimmable, drinkable, fishable future. Our programs bring together law, science, culture, and digital media in order to connect and empower people to restore polluted places, protect human health, and promote thriving natural spaces. www.swimdrinkfish.ca