In this temporary position, reporting to the manager, mine entry and infrastructure, you will be responsible for recruiting heavy equipment operators (HEO) and modified work within mine operations.
- Support recruitment in the HEO recruitment process by screening resumes, participating in interviews process, review background information and assist with decision-making in selecting top talent
- Build and implement hiring strategies to support short range and long range work plans
- Coordinate fitness tests for new hires in field as requested
- Process all shift transfers and employee transfers as well as arrange all required testing
- Handle the HEO organizational charts by monitoring and updating any people moves and /or employee information in SAP
- Administer all employees in the modified duty program by ensuring successful onboarding into the program, assigning modified duties accordingly and assess all cases closely with the health advisor on getting employees back to regular duties
- Compile monthly and /or yearly headcount reports, sick reports, month end stewardships reports and retirement reports
- Assess and steward towards workforce budget compliance
- Supervise shift clerks and handle annual vacation scheduling, overtime and time off requests as well as partake in mid-year and year-end performance conversations
- Ensure clerical support is provided to mine operations
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to support the performance review process in place
Experience and Education:
- Three or more years of administrative or on-boarding experience
- Experience in recruitment or human resources is considered an asset
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver's licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and SAP
- Able to set priorities and manage your time to meet deadlines and make smart decisions, fast
- Strong social skills with the ability to work closely with others at different levels within the company
- You collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- You continually seek greater knowledge about the systems, processes and hazards in the workplace, in order to understand not just what you do but why you do it
- This is a temporary position for a period of 12 months
- Your primary residence must be within 60 km of Fort McMurray
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we're living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Suncor is committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.