Summer Aboriginal Student, Edmonton
Are you an Aboriginal student enrolled in post-secondary studies and interested in working with Suncor Energy? We have a great opportunity for you. Working in a team environment, you will receive training and mentorship to support your long-term career goals.
We have roles identified within areas across our organization including finance, supply chain, human resources, environmental, health and safety, engineering, and operations. You will gain valuable work experience that will allow for personal growth while contributing to our overall success. Based on the program you’re enrolled in and the requirements of the position, we will work to find the right opportunity for you.
Experience and Education
- You are an Aboriginal student currently enrolled in a post-secondary program and returning to full-time studies after the work term
- We are looking for individuals who are enrolled in various post-secondary programs at the college/university level related to Operations, Technical Disciplines, Business, Finance, Engineering, Sciences, and Arts
- Attach your most recent transcripts with your application in order to be considered
Skills and Knowledge
- You are a motivated, self-starter with an interest in learning about the oil and gas industry
- Flexible and able to adapt to changes in priorities and plans
- Have experience working with Microsoft Office products
- This is a student position for a term of 4 months starting in May 2018
Start your career at one of Canada's leading companies. Suncor looks for people who have the best to offer, and provides the same in return. We are committed to sustainable, ethical growth - Suncor is a company where you can contribute in a meaningful way, grow your skills and career, and achieve success.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.