Operator, Terminal Pipeline
Reporting to the Saskatoon terminal manager, you will be a member of a team that operates and maintains the terminal and pipeline system between the Milden and Saskatoon terminals.
- Ensure the safe operation of the facilities by maintaining awareness for personal safety and that of co-workers, contractors and visitors
- Guarantee the reliable and efficient operation of the facilities by regularly, and with a critical eye, monitoring equipment operation and conditions, addressing any deviation
- Record a detailed account of the day's activities, operation, equipment issues, quality issues, administration issues etc. and include reasons for deviations to plan, as well as, any action taken to mitigate the issues
- Oversee the work of on-site contractors for safety, quality of work and productivity and issue work permits in accordance with company standards
- Validate the safe receipt of pipeline and truck products into storage tanks
- Act as a member of the emergency response team (ERT) and actively participate in emergency situations (fire/spill) when required
- Monitor pipeline and terminal activity to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and Suncor procedures and policies and maintain effective communication with key stakeholders including terminal manager, team members, petroleum carriers, and contractors
- Perform routine jobs tasks, including but not limited to, preventative maintenance program equipment inspections, snow removal, facility housekeeping, general administration, shipping and receiving, equipment light-maintenance, product sampling and testing when required
Education and Experience:
- Previous oil and gas industry experience an asset
- Post-secondary education is preferred
- Mechanical or electrical trade ticket an asset
- Valid driver's license required
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated safety mindset with the ability to actively participate in all safety initiatives and physical capabilities to safely perform all responsibilities of role
- Possess the mechanical aptitude to competently understand the operation of terminal systems and equipment plus the mechanical skills to perform light-maintenance on terminal equipment
- Demonstrated competence to operate computerized equipment including computer programs
- Ability to understand and follow all safety, environmental and operational procedures & practices including capacity to learn and apply new skills
- Problem-solver with analytical and trouble-shooting capability combined with problem solving ability and decision making skills
- Self-starter with team focus displaying a strong work ethic and flexibility
- Must live in the Saskatoon area to work a four or five shift rotation. Normal work day is 07:00 to 15:30 Monday through Friday. Every fourth or fifth week (the "Pipeline Shift") will require weekend work (07:00 -11:00 Saturday and Sunday), while being fit-for-duty and on-call via company issued cell phone during non-scheduled hours for 7 days straight
- Will be required to work overtime as needed
- The position involves working at heights and periodic travel in a light single-engine aircraft for aerial pipeline surveillance
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we're living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Suncor is committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.