LOCATION: Edmonton, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 16925
Reporting to the terminal supervisor, you will safely monitor operations and maintain all equipment in regards to truck loading and offloading at our Edmonton distribution terminal
- Perform routine operating and maintenance tasks including tank level monitoring, coupler maintenance, snow removal, pipe fitting, instrumentation, and product sampling
- Provide safe and reliable response to emergencies by evacuating drivers, isolating products, cleaning and containing spills, initiating fire suppression systems and activating the emergency response services if required
- Authorize work permits and observe contractor and driver safety
- Record any issues with equipment, product quality issues, and incidents
- Maintain competencies by being well-versed in operating and maintenance procedures and understanding new or relevant changes
- Perform truck driver orientations and track relevant certifications and licences for drivers and carrier companies
Experience and Education:
- Experience in the oil and gas industry is preferred
- Prior operating experience in a fuel distribution facility is preferred
- Valid Alberta Journeyman Electrician or an Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Electrician Certificate is an asset
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver's licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- Possess a strong mechanical aptitude to operate terminal equipment and perform maintenance
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Effective troubleshooting abilities with a questioning attitude
- You continually seek greater knowledge about the systems, processes and hazards in the workplace, in order to understand not just what you do but why you do it
- You hold others accountable, and expect others to do the same
- This position has been identified as safety sensitive
- The shift schedule is a rotating day shift covering 40 hours per week between Monday and Saturday and includes a 24 hour on-call rotation
- You will be required to perform some heavy lifting, use of ladders and working on elevated work sites such as tanks with the ability to perform in a variety of different environments both indoor and outdoor as well as within confined spaces
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we're living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Trade & Operators