Operations Analyst, Rail
Reporting to the manager, rail fleet, you will be responsible for the identification and analysis of improvement opportunities within our terminal operations managed by the centralized rail team.
- Assist in the development of logistics plans, leveraging market and industry knowledge gained through internal and external contacts
- Collect data and complete what-if models to assist in the selection of service providers and develop existing or new traffic lanes
- Conduct ongoing, in-depth analysis of the current state of rail operations for all commodities resulting in the identification and recommendation of changes that will positively impact the cost and reliability of rail
- Work with rail companies, truck carriers, refineries, 3rd party terminals, export and domestic customers
- Develop, prepare and present monthly stewardship reporting and assist in collection, collation and submission of the annual budget
- Build daily, weekly and monthly metric reporting to aid in the optimization of logistics operations
- Maintain up-to-date cost matrix for freight, storage, leases, and other logistics costs
- Reconcile service provider invoices and interface with the accounts payable team to ensure timely processing
- Process any manual freight invoices that cannot be automated
- Participate on the rail response management team and provide rail coordinator vacation coverage
Experience and Education:
- Two to four years in an analytical role; finance, accounting or transportation logistics experience is an asset
- University degree or equivalent experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft suite and advanced Excel (macros and visual basic); SAP is considered an asset
- Strong math skills; particularly data analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Passionate about pursuing process improvement opportunities
- You collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- Some after-hours coverage and travel may be required based on business needs
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.