Working with our supply chain management team, you will join our three-year new graduate rotational program, giving you an opportunity to obtain a broad perspective of the oil and gas industry, our company and supply chain management. You will rotate roles eighteen months into the program to acquire a diverse set of skills including possible experience in: supply chain major projects, supply chain operations or supply chain category management.
- Support end to end supply chain processes to help improve, adapt or introduce changes to procurement strategies and contracting practices
- First point of contact to support supply operations inquiries related to category management, sourcing and contracts
- Plan, develop and administer contracts and procurement activities
- Manage the purchase order process
- Participate in regular meetings with cross-functional teams to evaluate business requirements, communicate expectations and evaluate process optimization opportunities
Experience and Education:
- Prior experience in supply chain management or category management considered an asset
- Must have completed a degree with concentration in supply chain management or business between May 2016 - May 2017
- Please attach your transcripts with your application in order to be considered
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including capability to set direction and drive results
- You collaborate with others to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- You continually seek greater knowledge about the systems, processes and hazards in the workplace, in order to understand not just what you do but why you do it
- Positions are based in Calgary, AB
- You will also participate in our mentorship program where you are supported and guided by a senior leader
- Once you complete the three-year program you will be moved into a regular position within the company
Start your career at one of Canada's leading companies. Suncor looks for people who have the best to offer, and provides the same in return. We are committed to sustainable, ethical growth - Suncor is a company where you can contribute in a meaningful way, grow your skills and career, and achieve success.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Suncor is committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.