Are you looking for an exciting new career opportunity? Reporting to the instrumentation team lead, you will maintain the reliability of our refinery’s production capabilities by installing, servicing and repairing plant equipment while participating and assisting in establishing an environment that reflects craft flexibility, effectiveness and collaboration.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair a spectrum of instrumentation including process analyzers, a wide range of process control equipment and an advanced automation (TDC / PLC) control system
- Maintain, test and ensure functionality of refinery safety instrumented systems (SIS) and associated emergency shutdown (ESD) equipment
- Implement preventative and predictive programs/assignments for instrumentation systems
- Participate in failure analysis discussions and identify areas for improvement
- Maintain equipment histories as required
- Plan jobs, including assessment and selection of material
- Work effectively in a flexible team environment and promote the development, growth and overall effectiveness of the team and team members
- Work closely with other maintenance and/or production technicians as required to ensure equipment/plant reliability
Experience and Education:
- Five or more years of instrumentation maintenance experience including analyzer and / or distributed control systems in a large industrial facility
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Diploma in Instrumentation Technology is an asset
- Valid Alberta or an Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Instrumentation Technician Certificate
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong safety mindset with shown safe work practices and knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) regulation
- Strong administrative skills with computer knowledge in SAP and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong analytical skills, troubleshooting, communication and decision-making skills
- You constantly ask what could go wrong and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions and learn to anticipate potential problems
- You hold others accountable, and expect others to do the same
- This position has been identified as being safety sensitive and will have shift work
- You will be required to perform some heavy lifting, use of ladders and working on elevated work sites such as scaffolds and towers with the ability to perform in different environments both indoor and outdoor as well as within confined spaces
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we're living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Suncor is committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.