Reporting to the lead, regulatory engineering, the regulatory engineer-in-training will be responsible to develop and validate regulatory monthly and annual reports, including oil, water, gas and sulphur streams, energy efficiency and air emissions, water balance, power generation and usage, for all in situ assets.
- Monitor IS plants operations and provide a high level of technical and trouble-shooting support. Exercise continuous improvement for In-situ facilities water balance and other internal regulatory Suncor targets.
- Provide technical support to in situ operations, site engineers and EH&S regarding regulatory issues (energy, air emissions and water balance) in order to resolve concerns with Alberta energy regulator (AER) and other government agencies.
- Prepare technical reports to various internal stakeholders (finance, EH&S, annual incentive, operations, planning, etc.).
- Provide guidance and technical support to MARP and enhance production auditing program (EPAP) activities (audits, monthly meetings, close-out of actions) for all in situ assets.
- Provide support for the green house gas (GHG) audit for in-situ, report on sustainability (ROS) and national pollutant release inventory (NPRI).
- Develop scoping studies for new projects related to energy efficiency, accounting meters and AER requirements as per compliance with Directives.
- Prepare and advise the business units on regulatory requirements for new projects and existing operations
- Develop and lead co-ops into becoming highly competent team of process engineers in order to support the longer-term needs of in-situ oil sands
Experience and Education:
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in production, reservoir or regulatory engineering
- Eligible to register with APEGGA as an engineer-in-training
- Bachelor or masters of engineering degree specializing in chemical engineering
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary, integrated team environment
- Strong trouble-shooting and analytical skills with a continuous improvement mindset
- You are a highly motivated, self starter who possesses strong interpersonal skills, and is able to contribute effectively in a Team environment
- You value integrity and hold others accountable and expect others to do the same
- This position is a Monday to Friday position located in our Calgary main office
Start your career at one of Canada's leading companies. Suncor looks for people who have the best to offer, and provides the same in return. We are committed to sustainable, ethical growth - Suncor is a company where you can contribute in a meaningful way, grow your skills and career, and achieve success.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Suncor is committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.