In this temporary position and reporting to the team leader, organizational management and boarding, this opportunity is ideal for a developing human resources (HR) professional who can efficiently coordinate new hires getting started in their jobs and provide support to leaders during the onboarding process. Your accountability will be focused on the creation and execution of the new-hire onboarding program and to provide project support to the HR team.
- Coordinate and ensure the boarding processes are completed accurately and efficiently (onboarding and offboarding)
- Ensure the working environment is ready for the new hire
- Audit the effectiveness of our boarding program, identify areas of opportunity and make recommendations for improvement
- Support leader training for on-boarding and orientation
- Provide project support and coordination in the delivery of HR initiatives
- Create area specific boarding materials with the communications and HR teams
- Provide administrative support as needed for the HR team
Experience and Education:
- Min one year of related work experience in human resources capacity
- Completion of post-secondary education: human resources preferred
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
Skills and knowledge:
- Strong computer applications knowledge with a preference for SAP & SuccessFactors
- Team orientation with ability to conduct work with the utmost confidentiality and professionalism
- Proven interaction and communication skills
- Solid record of organization and priority management skills
- Proactive and flexible self-starter with solid judgment
- Highly collaborative in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- This is a temporary position for a period of 12 months
We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself. Suncor is a company where you can contribute in a meaningful way, grow your skills and career, and achieve success.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.