Co-op Student, Sustainability and Reporting
Co-op positions at Suncor are more than just a work term. They provide you with meaningful and challenging work experiences to help enable you to resolve where you want your career to go - better yet, many of our co-op students go on to become permanent Suncor employees after they graduate! You will work side-by-side with some of the most talented people in the energy industry, and your work assignments and mentoring will offer you extraordinary academic and career growth.
In this position, you will gain valuable insight into environmental, economic and social business practices as well as exposure to a suite of our sustainability disclosures.
- Assist in various duties related to sustainability outreach, disclosure and the management of strategic issues management
- Assist in coordinating corporate sustainability reporting requirements as well as providing support on internal environmental, social issues and management processes
- Assist in the quality control and standard methodology review of all economic, social and environmental sustainability data disclosed by Suncor Energy
- Participate in the gathering and reviewing of all business unit sustainability material and data
- Assist in all necessary preparation for the release of our Report on Sustainability
- Research new trends in sustainability reporting and identify their applications within the company
Experience and Education:
- Previous experience with sustainability projects would be considered an asset
- Successful completion of a sustainability course is an asset
- Currently enrolled in a formal co-op program in 3rd or 4th year Sustainability Development, Business or Commerce at an accredited post-secondary institution, and returning to full-time studies after the work term
- Attach your transcripts with your application and clearly indicate the length of work term for which you are available
Skills and Knowledge:
- Capable of handling several tasks concurrently and in different environments
- Exceptional communication, administration and organizational skills with a proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to expect accountability: you hold co-workers accountable and expect them to do the same
- Strong collaboration skills: you collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the best outcome
- This is an 8-12 month work term, from September 2018 - August 2019
- Relocation support will be provided if approved for this position; we offer highly competitive housing assistance to eligible
Start your career at one of Canada's leading companies. Suncor looks for people who have the best to offer, and provides the same in return. We are committed to sustainable, ethical growth - Suncor is a company where you can contribute in a meaningful way, grow your skills and career, and achieve success.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Suncor is committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.