Co-op Student, Metro Depot Petroleum Terminal
Working in the Metro Depot, you will be responsible for monitoring the loading facility via intercom, phone, radios, and various systems, relaying the information accurately to the on-duty terminal operator. You will also check and sign off on ethanol receipts and handle courier deliveries.
- Receive and file completed work permits and paperwork
- Navigate and troubleshoot the terminal management system (TMS) driver, rack and trailer issues
- Reset TMS alarms with terminal operator assistance
- Monitor security cameras, yard activities and make safety observations from the tower
- Record sample information in the data management system
- Provide administrative support for the terminal supervisor
- Receive and verify the ethanol bill of landing (BOL) before offloading and maintain BOL printers
- Clearly communicate instructions via intercoms, radios and the telephone
- Ship and receive packages; create driver cards
Experience and Education:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies after the work term
- Attach your transcripts with your application in order to be considered; clearly indicate the length of work term for which you are available
- Certified First Aid/ CPR, portable defibrillator is considered an asset
- WHMIS and Transportation of Dangerous Goods training is considered an asset
Skills and Knowledge:
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Able to work as a team as well as individually with little to no supervision
- Strong work ethic, with flexibility and the ability and willingness to learn
- This is a four-month work term, starting in May 2017
- This role is located at the Metro Depot at 1138 Finch Ave W, North York, ON
Start your career at one of Canada's leading companies. Suncor looks for people who have the best to offer, and provides the same in return. We are committed to sustainable, ethical growth - Suncor is a company where you can contribute in a meaningful way, grow your skills and career, and achieve success.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.