Co-op Student, Business
Co-op positions at Suncor are more than just a work term. They provide you with meaningful and challenging work experiences to help enable you to determine where you want your career to go - better yet, many of our co-op students go on to become permanent Suncor employees after they graduate! You will work side-by-side with some of the most talented people in the energy industry, and your work assignments and mentoring will offer you extraordinary academic and career growth.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to interact with many areas of our business and will be given the chance to develop and grow your business acumen and capabilities within many facets of a large global company. You will be challenged with opportunities for process improvement while acting as a resource for individuals seeking information various processes.
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify and improve business policies and procedures
- Develop, build, maintain and document internal controls
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting-compiling information and numbers, preparing presentations and various analysis
- Obtain an understanding of Suncor's business processes and procedures as well as involvement in various projects
Experience and Education:
- Currently enrolled in a formal co-op program in 3rd or 4th year Business Administration at an accredited post-secondary institution, and returning to full-time studies after the work term
- Attach your transcripts with your application and clearly indicate the length of work term for which you are available
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite with advanced understanding of Excel (pivot tables, V-lookups)
- Adherence to procedures: you don't take or tolerate shortcuts and if the procedure is incorrect, you help to fix it
- Continually seek knowledge and understanding: you strive to understand the systems, processes and hazards in and around the workplace
- This is an 8-12 month work term, from September 2018 - August 2019
- Relocation support will be provided if approved for this position; we offer highly competitive housing assistance to eligible candidates
Start your career at one of Canada's leading companies. Suncor looks for people who have the best to offer, and provides the same in return. We are committed to sustainable, ethical growth - Suncor is a company where you can contribute in a meaningful way, grow your skills and career, and achieve success.
As stewards of valuable natural resources, we have the opportunity - and responsibility - to help build a better future. By supporting resilience, skill development and social well-being in the communities around us, we strive to create shared value and benefit for all involved.
Our employees are passionate and proud about giving back to the communities where they live and work. Their involvement makes a difference in helping to build sustainable communities.
Through programs like SunCares, supported by Suncor and the Suncor Energy Foundation, we inspire our employees and retirees to contribute to social well-being, support the causes that are important to them and help us all work together to strengthen our communities and create energy for a better world.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.