Analyst, Operational Communications
Reporting to the team lead, traveler and operations support, you will be responsible for the overall services offered by field logistics and influence, develop and implement communication strategies relating to new services or changes.
- Support and advise field logistics team members by ensuring professionalism and consistency in all documents, guides and communications to stakeholders
- Develop and execute the planning components of various communication and change management strategies for small and large scale projects
- Collaborate with team members and communications to ensure there is a holistic approach to operational communications
- Prepare and maintain policies, guides, documentation and online content
- Plan, prepare, and produce operational communications such as bulletins, emails, posters and other tools to communicate changes to the operations
- Manage the external website, SunLink, including training site authors, and developing and maintaining editorial processes
- Collaborate with communications team to ensure alignment with the implementation of the field logistics communications strategy that supports Suncor's goals, strategies, values and standards
- Work with communications and business units to develop an effective and well-used intranet, including the strict adherence to governance standards
- Monitor and report on intranet and website performance, and make recommendations for changes based on analysis of metrics
- Understand multiple audiences and develop content focused on specific employee needs
Experience and Education:
- Minimum three years of communications experience, preferably in corporate communications with a focus on employee/change communications
- Experience communicating in a large, geographically dispersed, complex organization is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in managing intranets and liaison with IT
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in communications with a thorough understanding of communications principles and practices
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Previous experience with SharePoint platform preferred
- Professional communication and project-management skills required with strong and engaging writing skills, as well as proofing and editing
- Knowledge of current web technology and online communication trends/best practices
- Process oriented and strong organizational skills
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to see the big picture, while also being able to drive projects from development to completion
- Able to meet tight deadlines and to juggle multiple priorities, while flawlessly executing on projects in a dynamic, often pressured environment
- Ability to effectively partner with management and clients and to work well with all level of employees is critical
- Occasional travel within the province of Alberta may be required
- Occasional on call availability may be required after hours or on weekends
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we're living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.