Wealth Sales Representative
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
The Individual Insurance and Wealth business unit represents close to 30 per cent of all Sun Life Financial global revenue and more than 50 per cent of Canadian earnings. We’re a top provider of life, health and wealth products in the Canadian marketplace.
In 2010, Sun Life Financial launched a new investment company - Sun Life Global Investments Inc. (SLGI). Sun Life Global Investments brings together the strength of Sun Life Financial with the best in asset management from around the world to offer a line-up of unique world class investment solutions - tailored for the Canadian investor.
As a member of the Sun Life Global Investments sales team, you will be representing and distributing Sun Life Financial's retail wealth products and services.
What will you do?
- Partner with Wealth Sales Directors and a Wealth Sales Assistant to generate sales through the IIROC, MFDA and MGA investment channels
- Acquire and maintain superior product knowledge of Sun Life's retail wealth management products
- Building and strengthen relationships with Investment Advisors by providing insight about capital markets, sharing business building practices, and thereby increase sales of Sun Life Financial wealth management solutions
- Develop and implement a communication and sales plan to develop a prospect pipeline, generate leads and close on sales opportunities
- Participate in national and regional meetings, sharing feedback and information and actively participate in sales workshops and ongoing training and development programs
- Organize and deliver conference calls and webcasts with business partners, sharing product information and best practices
- Collaborate with the Wealth Sales Director in developing client base segmentation and a strategic business plan to increase sales from our Advisor network
- Travel to branches, attend conferences and partner with Financial Advisors within your designated territory to develop and build strong partnerships
What do you need to succeed?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build credibility and rapport, and deliver exceptional quality sales and product knowledge/best practices, and to simplify complicated financial concepts to a wide audience
- Post-secondary education, preferably a degree in commerce or finance
- CSC or IFIC certification may be a requirement of this role, additional financial service industry designations such as CFP, CIM or CFA would be considered strong assets
- 3+ years of sales experience, with experience working in the financial services industry
- Extremely strong sales aptitude, entrepreneurial in nature
- Passion for following and understanding capital markets
- Professional poise with strong business etiquette, able to work alongside all levels of business partners within Sun Life Financial and our Advisor network
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and bonus structure influenced by performance and market range data
- 15 days of vacation per year
- Flexible Benefits from the day you join to meet the needs of you and your family
- A friendly, collaborative and inclusive culture
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range: 48,900/48 900 - 80,000/80 000
Job Category: Sales - SIP
Posting End Date: 20/08/2019