UX Design Specialist
Our student and new graduate programs offer a chance to explore Sun Life from the inside. You'll make a difference in the lives of our customers and communities, while building the skills and experience that allow you to grow in a meaningful and rewarding way.
Do you like observing how people interact with things around them? In social situations, are you interested to know how people feel about the latest app and whether they would recommend it based on their experience? Are you among those of us who wonder and want to discover how we might delight people through digital experiences?
Sun Life's Design Thinking Lab focuses on prioritizing the voice of the Client to uncover what experiences they find desirable. By using Design Thinking methodology, we can quickly ideate innovative concepts and test to validate if it is an idea Clients actually want.
Reporting to the Manager, Digital Customer Experience (DCX), the UX Design Specialist will be an ambassador for the Design Thinking methodology within Sun Life and surfacing the Client voice for project strategy. Through collaboration with cross-functional teams, they will work within a design team to define Client needs, design prototype concepts, and iterate and support testing to acquire Client feedback.
- Design and develop personas, customer journey maps, empathy maps, research reports, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, UX specifications.
- Conduct customer research and data analysis to help inform digital strategies and project requirements.
- Lead the iteration process for tested prototypes.
- Manage lab assets and templates.
- Assist in planning and facilitation of workshops.
- Manage digital workspaces (internal sites).
- Provide support for presentations of designs, findings and final reports to project teams and leadership.
- Actively engage with and identify industry trends, digital technologies and innovative advancements in human-centered design.
- Advocate for the Centre of Excellence for Client insights and user experience.
- Proven experience in the digital user experience, graphic design and/or human-centered design field.
- Portfolio demonstrating impactful digital customer experience solutions leveraging human-centered design.
- Experience across multiple digital channels, including web, mobile (mobile web and native applications), wearables and social channels.
- Strong knowledge and experience designing wireframes and interactive prototypes using industry software (e.g. Axure, Sketch, Invision, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Experience analyzing digital user data.
- Excellent time management and project coordination skills, well organized with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Professional verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Experience collaborating with diverse clients and various departments within a team environment.
- Strong ability to brainstorm and take different approaches to ideate on concepts.
- Knowledge of current digital UX related standards and trends including design thinking.
- Ability to multitask in a high-paced and matrix work environment.
- Ability to work independently as well collaboratively part of a team.
- Agency/consulting experience an asset.
- Knowledge of html or other programming languages an asset.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted