SLFD Issue Associate
Our student and new graduate programs offer a chance to explore Sun Life from the inside. You'll make a difference in the lives of our customers and communities, while building the skills and experience that allow you to grow in a meaningful and rewarding way.
What will you do?
- The Associate is responsible for the administration of insurance proposals, from the verification of the application to the mailing of the contract
- Responsibilities include analyzing the application, submitting records to medical underwriters, adjusting accounting entries and arranging for premiums to be paid, and issuing or declining the contract
- The Associate communicates daily with the advisors, by telephone and email, to ensure that they are aware of the status of the file and have all the information we need to establish the contract. Some of the information discussed is confidential and sometimes it is necessary to deal with sensitive situations regarding our policyholders and advisors
What do you need to succeed?
- Customer service orientation; ability to communicate effectively in writing and over the phone
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities; attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems and suggest improvements to processes and practices
- Ability to organize work to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of individual insurance products and systems (Ingenium, MLIF, customer service desk) is preferred
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
Additional Notes/special requirements
- Overtime may be required
- Basic math, and grammar test are required
What's in it for you?
- 10 vacation days per year
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- A collaborative and interactive team environment
- Joining one of Canada's top 25 companies to work for, as recognized by LinkedIn
Job Category: Customer Service / Operations
Posting End Date: 02/04/2019