Senior Insurance Case Associate - Asian Market
Our student and new graduate programs offer a chance to explore Sun Life from the inside. You'll make a difference in the lives of our customers and communities, while building the skills and experience that allow you to grow in a meaningful and rewarding way.
As a Senior Insurance Case Associate (Asian Market) you will be responsible for the prompt, accurate, and complete end-to-end processing of life, long-term care, and critical illness insurance applications submitted through the wholesale distribution channel. You will be required to adhere to processes and guidelines established by Sun Life Financial, while being able to find creative solutions that meet the needs of our Clients and create an excellent Client experience.
- Processing of new long-term care, life, and critical illness insurance applications , including conversions and replacements, handling complex changes and adjustments, and managing the policy through to issuance of contract
- Ensure documentation and administrative requirements are met prior to submission of applications to expedite underwriting and policy issuance, and promptly follow up on requests for additional information by the underwriter or other back office teams
- Investigate and follow-up on outstanding issues or requirements by contacting the advisors and/or back office team members
- Timely and accurate production of policy contracts, invoices, declined applications and refunds of premiums where necessary
- Build and maintain productive business relationships with third party distribution partners, underwriters and back office teams in order to meet and exceed Client expectations, using excellent communication skills by phone and e-mail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and strong verbal skills in Mandarin Chinese
- Previous experience in a fast based administrative or customer service environment with the ability to prioritize and handle a variety of responsibilities and meet tight deadlines
- Continuous improvement mindset, skilled in problem solving and finding solutions that meet the needs of the business and the Client
- Available to work a flexible schedule of shifts between 7:30am - 6:00pm, Monday to Friday from our Waterloo head office, with the potential for occasional overtime
- Knowledge of retail life insurance products
- Experience working in the insurance/financial services industry
- Experience and proficiency with various computer systems (Ingenium, MLIF, CSW, Microsoft Office (including word, excel and outlook), Lotus Notes)
- Cantonese language skills
- French language skills
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.