Regional Sales Associate, Insurance Wholesale Distribution
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
As a key member of the Individual Insurance, Third Party Distribution team, the Regional Sales Associate reports to the Regional Vice-President and is accountable for partnering with other individuals including Regional Sales Directors, Sales Associates, Advisors, and partner Firms to achieve sales targets of Sun Life Financial Life and Health insurance products, within a defined Region. This is achieved by maintaining and strengthening existing relationships and establishing new advisor relationships, so that the insurance needs of Canadians are met.
- Sales Generation
- Execute strategies and tactics to diversify and increase insurance sales across product lines, channels and markets.
- Deliver presentations to Firms, which serve to educate Advisors regarding Sun Life Financial's individual life and health insurance products and sales strategies, and how they address client needs.
- Analyze, validate and qualify advisors in an effort to establish realistic plans to increase sale of Sun Life Financial's various Life and Health Insurance products within Third Party Distribution.
- Build relationships with high potential Advisors to generate and increase Sun Life Financial's visibility and presence in the market place.
- Co-ordinates the preparation of case presentation materials for high potential Advisors.
- Run illustrations for high potential advisors when needed.
- Maintain a current understanding of local markets and competitive intelligence.
- Execute Sales Promotion Strategies
- Prospect and discover new opportunities among value advisors and partner advisors
- Access a wider range of advisors to support and develop the Breadth strategy of distribution to intermediaries
- Attract new advisors and enter the market
Activity Planning & Management:
- Ensures all business development activities are conducted within approved Sun Life Financial policies, procedures and guidelines and in compliance with all external regulations.
- Monitors business plans for different products to ensure that planned production and expense targets are achieved.
- Market reconnaissance of target market needs.
- Utilize a Marketing Plan to maximize use of tool kits and promotional tools and vehicles.
- University degree or equivalent business experience.
- 3-5 years of financial services experience, preferably in a sales role.
Job Specific Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Product knowledge
- Knowledge of the financial service industry and the competitive marketplace (products, market positioning, value proposition, etc).
- Understanding of the sales process.
- Understanding of underwriting requirements and procedures
- Interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Analytical skills
- Strong Excel skills and proficient with technology
- Preferred Skills
- Developed priority management skills
- Experience in a wholesaling environment and/or experience with a Wholesale Distribution channel
- Good problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with products offered by Sun Life Financial
- Know how to integrate tax and estate planning into the regional strategy
- Ability to work in a team
- Familiar with specific regional markets
- Must be willing to travel (minimum) 3 to 4 days a week within a specific region
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range: 66 800/ - 109 100/
Job Category: Sales - SIP
Posting End Date: 23/07/2019