Private Fixed Income Analyst - MBA Internship
Our student and new graduate programs offer a chance to explore Sun Life from the inside. You'll make a difference in the lives of our customers and communities, while building the skills and experience that allow you to grow in a meaningful and rewarding way.
Sun Life Investment Management, one of North America's leading providers of investment solutions to institutional investors, is seeking students for our MBA Internship program in Toronto.
- Assist in the management of the private fixed income portfolio through detailed financial and credit analysis
- Develop detailed written annual reviews
- Prepare management reports on the status and performance of the portfolio
- Evaluate potential investments for portfolio suitability by conducting company and industry research, comparable analysis and due diligence
- Bachelor's degree in related field and/or coursework toward MBA; graduation date between December 2019 - June 2020
- Understanding of the fundamental principles of debt and equity markets and instruments
- Ability to analyze financial statements, calculate a broad range of financial ratios and interpret and communicate results
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft applications, proficient use of Bloomberg and Capital IQ are a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional presentation
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively and eager to take on responsibility
- Comfortable interacting and leading discussion with internal and client senior leaders
- Polished oral and written communication skills and detail oriented
- Established organizational abilities and time management skills with ability to multitask
- Accountable and willing to take ownership of work performed
- Advanced problem solving and conceptual thinking skills
- Balanced experiences in academics and extra-curricular activities
If you are interested in a position, please submit a cover letter, resume and record of marks.
Sun Life Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Legal authorization to work in the country/region where the business is hiring is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to 'firstname.lastname@example.org'. We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sun Life global headquarters: Toronto York, 1 York Street, Toronto, ON, M5J 0B6