The Guaranteed Wealth Product and Pricing team at Sun Life plays a foundational role in supporting the strategic mandate to become the recognized leader in the retirement market. The team is accountable for the financial goals, governance, and business support for all the Individual Guaranteed Wealth products including, Payout Annuities, Structured Settlements, Accumulation Annuities and GICs.
The Pricing Analyst will report to the Senior Actuarial Associate, Guaranteed Wealth Pricing. You will work collaboratively with the Guaranteed Wealth Product Management team, ALM, Valuation and Operations, and will help support all pricing aspects of Sun Life’s Individual guaranteed wealth business. This role provides an excellent opportunity for a business minded individual to transition or gain entry into the wealth management industry while developing their technical and quantitative skills.
This role is ideally suited for a well-rounded individual with demonstrated ability across a broad skillset. Strong technical, analytical, adaptability, interpersonal and problem solving skills are an asset.
What will you do?
- Support overall profitability and sales through taking ownership of daily pricing and rate setting processes
- Provide product and pricing expertise to key business partners such as Operations or Client Representatives by answering questions on regular basis
- Generate a number of financial reports to help support the profitability analysis and decision-making related to our products.
- Prepare and package large premium annuity quotes using product specific actuarial tools
- Take initiative to suggest and implement process improvements
What do you need to succeed?
- University degree in Math/Accounting/Business/Actuarial Science/Statistics is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Excel/VBA is an asset
- GGY AXIS software exposure is helpful but not required
- Strong multi-tasking and time management capabilities
- Team player who can demonstrate independence as well as initiative
What's in it for you?
- 15 days vacation per year
- Flexible Benefits from the day you join to meet the needs of you and your family
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- Work-life balance by scheduling your day around your priorities and having more time to spend on the important things
- A common sense dress code, where you dictate how you dress based on your day
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range: 46,900/46 900 - 76,800/76 800
Job Category: Para Actuarial
Posting End Date: 22/08/2019