At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
As our Marketing Copywriter, you will be responsible for building authentic conversations with engaging and innovative content across various digital platforms. You are a solid copywriter, well versed in trending styles, and creativity is in your DNA. You have a keen sense of emotional storytelling. Using your strengths in relevant and high-impact digital content authoring, you are obsessively compelled to drive online engagement. You are also someone who thrives in a fast-paced creative environment, is resilient, open to collaboration-you will collaborate with creative and account teams through all stages of projects to ensure an effective, polished final product and you well versed in digital content marketing best practices. You will also champion advisor- and client-oriented marketing approaches; consult with key business partners and recommend the appropriate approaches and vehicles to achieve business and marketing objectives
What will you do?
- Craft written content that influences audiences across different media, including targeted email, web, social and video
- Execute promotional and business writing projects including editing and managing the approval process for print and digital tactics
- Effectively optimize email marketing performance and member email subscriptions through innovative nurturing and drip campaigns, A/B/n testing and sound analysis of user behaviours to increase conversions
- Identify new content opportunities, develop and source content, coordinate and align content calendar activities to deliver a cohesive and compelling story across all channels.
- Help to optimize marketing efforts with segmentation, personalized digital tactics that nurture and engage target audiences
- Maintain a strong understanding of technical SEO, link building and other digital tactics and algorithms to execute on online marketing campaigns that earn qualified organic traffic.
What you need to succeed?
- Post-secondary education in marketing, journalism or communication-related field or relevant work experience
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in marketing promotions roles with writing and digital design experience
- Proven experience of managing automated email marketing campaigns for consumer brands
- Thorough understanding of social media platforms, including advertising, and how they support other digital marketing efforts
- Sound understanding of the principles of digital marketing compliance such as CASL and AODA
- Ability to understand advanced industry concepts and distill them in engaging and relatable content and Comfortable using marketing tech stacks to build and execute email and online campaigns
What’s in it for you?
- Get to use your excellent writing abilities and marketing experience to create and execute marketing programs as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to have direct impact on continuous improvement by identify opportunities to link projects, initiatives or promotions together
- Wellness programs that support the three pillars of your health – mental, physical and financial
- Being a member of the Sun Life family, a group of people united by our Purpose: to help Clients and Employees achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range: 46,900/46 900 - 76,800/76 800
Job Category: Communications
Posting End Date: 19/08/2019