Manager, Workforce Planning and Forecasting
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
The Manager, Workforce Planning and Forecasting primary focus is supporting the creation and maintenance of staffing plans in SunLife Canadian Operations. This role provides analysis and forecasts used for operational decision making and raising continuous improvement recommendations to the business. The role directly supports the Call Center Resource Planning workload and enables all operational teams in Sun Life Canada to consistently provide a high quality experience for our customers. In this role, you will use data to generate business forecasts and provide meaningful suggestions on opportunities for improvements.
To be considered for this position, you are required to complete two steps in the application process. You will need to submit an online job application and complete an online assessment.
- Responsible for understanding business processes in order to interpret call volume changes and staffing requirements of the Call Center
- Liaise with Operations on a regular basis to update resource plans and recommend changes needed to meet service standards.
- Measured by success of the forecast accuracy (volumes, AHT, other assumptions) and Service Level achievement.
- Develop models to support leaders' accurate and timely assessment of productivity, forecast and customer service opportunities in the method that best supports the business.
- Execute, distribute and document supporting models and analysis
- Correlation analysis between call volume and # of clients
- Correlation analysis between call volume and # of type of plans
- Correlation analysis between call volume and # of Sun Life and third party advisors
- Correlation analysis between call volume and # of sales growth (actual and forecasted)
- Correlation analysis between call volume and new business
- Correlation analysis between call volume and product launches
- Provide Project and Enablement Lean Solutions Teams with process recommendations, workload/staffing forecasts, costs as required to support changes.
- Ensure models meet the requirements of partners and provide recommendations to leadership on the direction of the DPP planning, new hire training and second benefit training
- Manage the Vacation bid process, vacation allotment, training efforts and other events to be planned.
- Ensure to make all models visible, scientific and properly organised
- Investigate and explain any questions about the integrity of the data used by Resource Planning.
- Respond to RFP’s regarding staffing requirements/costs for new business opportunities, new business solutions. Get Operations approval on these recommendations.
- Fully understand all SLA’s (including relevant financial penalties) pertaining to Call Center and make recommendations on best strategies to maximize performance and minimize penalties.
- Ensure overall Call Center business objectives are achieved in terms of productivity, quality and financial success.
- Create the long-term contact/AHT/staffing forecast, based on historical data plus projections based on future changes/needs.
- Create an annual staffing budget forecast plus re-forecasts as required in partnership with Operations and Finance teams. As actual events unfold, create staffing forecasts using the budget forecast as a base.
- Track and maintain staff movement, call volume, AHT, forecast assumptions vs actual volume.
- Continually validate and track forecasting assumptions to budget – volumes, AHT, staff shrinkage, etc.
- Support the creation of staffing models for all Call Center roles, including front line agents, Email agents, Escalation roles and all support teams.
- Hold regular accountability meetings with the Forecasting & Planning team.
- Plan and execute development plans for each member of the team.
- Build a culture of ownership and continuous improvement.
- Foster a work environment that truly values people and encourages participation, creativity, learning and accountability
- Report monthly and quarterly on Service Level performance with commentary on achievements, challenges and action plans.
- Provide weekly updates and staffing/training recommendations in meetings.
- Oversee the weekly resource planning meetings to communicate issues and facilitate decision-making regarding resource requirements and baseline staffing assumptions.
- Ensure enterprise and site Resource Planning staff clearly understand their accountabilities, key performance indicators (tied to Call Center performance) and are meeting their commitments.
- Provide regular coaching/feedback and conduct short interval follow-up with all members of the Forecasting & Planning team.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Focus on attention to detail
- Proven ability create, organize and execute on capacity plans
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce meaningful results from data
- Proven experience consolidating and analyzing data sources
- Understanding of queuing theory and Call Centre mathematics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work with multiple senior operational leaders
- Superior collaborative working abilities
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and quickly find alternative solutions to challenges
- Quickly adapt to changing needs
- Capacity to influence
- Priority setting
- Comfortable learning new applications quickly with minimal direction
- Call Centre experience
- Familiarity with Call Centre scheduling software such as IEX
- Experienced user of VBA, Excel, R & Tableau
- Undergraduate University degree, preferably in Computer Science or Mathematics or 5 years of business experience in related field
- Experience in using databases with relationships between tables
- Knowledge of Group Benefits, Group Retirement Services, Individual Insurance operations and Call Center.
Interested in applying? Submit a job application by clicking “Apply” and complete an online assessment within 24 hours of submitting your job application using the link below.
Click on this link: https://apply.careerspark.com/j/ZdusC1oknEje/l/JVxGM3OtFygF to complete the online assessment after you submit your application. You will need to register with our partner Career Spark, using the same e-mail address used for your job application. If you complete this assessment before submitting your job application then you must return to this job posting again to complete your online job application by clicking “Apply”.
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range: 66 800/ - 109 100/
Job Category: Advanced Analytics
Posting End Date: 22/07/2019