Manager, Shared Services Operational Learning & Performance COE
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
Reporting to the Director, Operational Learning & Performance (OLP) Centre of Excellence, the Manager, Shared Services leads a talented team of Instructional Designers, Senior Learning Technology Architects and Coordinators supporting our OLP portfolios in building and improving the performance of our Canadian Operations business partners.
What will you do? â€‹
- Lead, coach and develop a high performance team of instructional designers, learning technology architects and coordinators, responsible for the creation of learning and development programs.
- Establish the team’s vision, goals and initiatives aligned to Sun Life business goals and overall Shared Services team mandate.
- Establish a consistent process and ‘One Best Way’ for developing learning and development within the team and with internal business partners.
- Develop an intake process, resource plan and project schedule to drive team efficiencies and focus.
- Manage operational workflow to ensure deliverables are tracked, measured, reported and resources are effectively allocated.
- Build strong relationships with internal partners, external vendors, industry experts, to gather input, ensure alignment and drive new and innovative thinking.
- Create and deliver a modern learning experience utilizing on-line, digital and virtual platforms and learning techniques.
- Influence the selection of and ongoing updates to learning technology LMS, ensuring it meets the team and users needs.
What do you need to succeed?
- Exceptional leadership, coaching and people management skills with the ability to inspire develop and leverage strengths on the team for optimum results, collaboration and efficiency.
- Expertise in digital learning solutions and technology.
- Expert knowledge of modern adult learning techniques, instructional design, creative writing and design.
- Strong relationship building skills, ability to develop and foster crucial business relationships with internal and external business partners to achieve optimal results.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including written, oral and presentation.
- Demonstrates strong analytical, negotiating and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple activities for multiple initiatives of varying complexity while under time constraints.
- High degree of initiative, self-organization and self-management skills to work with minimal direction while effectively responding to emerging challenges.
- University education in a related field or appropriate professional experience.
- Previous experience with an LMS is preferred
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible Benefits from the day you join to meet the needs of you and your family
- An environment of continuous learning and improvement
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range: 66,800/66 800 - 109,100/109 100
Job Category: Training & Development
Posting End Date: 23/08/2019